Sorry we lost some posts because of database errors!

*New 12.1 series Release:
2020-09-01: XigmaNAS 12.1.0.4.7728 - released

*New 11.4 series Release:
2020-08-27: XigmaNAS 11.4.0.4.7718 - released!

We really need "Your" help on XigmaNAS https://translations.launchpad.net/xigmanas translations. Please help today!

Producing and hosting XigmaNAS costs money. Please consider donating for our project so that we can continue to offer you the best.
We need your support! eg: PAYPAL

Can't mount NFS share of ZFS pool on Linux host

Network filesystems.
Forum rules
Set-Up GuideFAQsForum Rules
thebloggu
NewUser
NewUser

Can't mount NFS share of ZFS pool on Linux host

Post by thebloggu »

I have a NAS4Free host with a ZFS pool behind a firewall that I'm trying to setup in order to share some directories with NFS (from the ZFS pool) with a CentOS host. I enabled NFS (v4) and created two shares (one for each directory I want to share), but I can't mount them on my CentOS host because I get an access denied error. My client logs show "RPC: server <nas.domain> requires stronger authentication".

BTW, I'm also confused with:

* permissions with NFS (how do they work? who should own my directories being shared?),
* what should be the share settings (Map all users to root sounds dangerous but I don't know what it does; do I want my share to be a NFSv4 root directory? should I export all the directories in the specified path?)
* how can I fix the ports used by NFS: I used rc.conf to set the mountd_flags, rpc_lockd_flags and rpc_statd_flags. Is this the right way to do it?

Can someone help me with this issue?

Return to “NFS”