XigmaNAS supports sharing files across multiple operating systems, including Windows, Apple, and UNIX-like systems. XigmaNAS is easy to set up in most home and enterprise environments and will allow you to manage and share large amounts of data easily across your network. XigmaNAS also incorporates many different streaming features for sharing your multimedia with other devices on your network.
XigmaNAS includes ZFS v5000 (Feature Flags) (RAID-Z, RAIDZ-2 & RAIDZ-3) Software RAID (0,1,5), JBOD, Disk Encryption, S.M.A.R.T. / Email Reports, includes the following protocols: CIFS/SMB (Samba), Active Directory Domain Controller (Samba), FTP, NFS, TFTP, AFP, RSYNC, Unison, iSCSI (initiator and target), HAST, CARP, Bridge, UPnP, and Bittorent, which are all highly configurable by using XigmaNAS’s great web user interface.
XigmaNAS can be installed on an extremely wide range of hardware. Anything from an actual server to an old repurposed computer you may have laying around. Please check the hardware compatibility wiki as well for more details.
- XigmaNAS 188.8.131.52 series Coming Soon!
- XigmaNAS 184.108.40.206 is current stable branche.
Older XigmaNAS releases are not supported, users are advised to upgrade on regular basis for security and bugfixes.
All releases are supported for a limited time only.
Please note that these dates could change if circumstances asks for it.
* XigmaNAS 220.127.116.11 Series are Expected EoL (end-of-life) December 31, 2022
In the process for a new release, a number of BETA releases may be released for testing purpose.
Those BETA releases are only supported for a few weeks.
- XigmaNAS 18.104.22.168 series Base OS = FreeBSD 13.1
- XigmaNAS 22.214.171.124 series Base OS = FreeBSD 12.3
- Software RAID 0,1 and mix (1+0,1+1, etc.)
- UFS, Ext2/3, FAT, NTFS
- exFAT *Mount read only
- Disk encryption (Uses cryptographic accelerator card if present)
- Partition: MBR and GPT, ZFS
- CAM Target Layer
- iSCSI initiator
- SMB/CIFS (Samba)
- Samba AD
- AFP (Netatalk)
- FTP (ProFTPD)
- TFTP (tftp-hpa)
- RSYNC (Client/Server)
- SCP (SSH)
- iSCSI target
- BitTorrent client (Transmission)
- iTunes/DAAP server (Firefly)
- Network Bandwidth measure tool (iPerf3)
- RRDtool (for Graphical System Statistics)
- Fuppes (for DLNA/UPnP-AV clients)
- MiniDLNA (Fully compliant with DLNA/UPnP-AV clients)
- Webserver (Lighttpd)
- VirtualBox with WebSocket VNC server
- phpVirtualBox and noVNC (HTML5/WebSocket VNC client) for VM management
- Internal file manager
- 802.1q vlan tagging
- Link aggregation
- Wake On Lan
- CARP (Common Address Redundancy Protocol)
- HAST (Highly Available Storage)
- Historic statistics server (Graphical Statistics)
- Real-time network and cpu statistics
- S.M.A.R.T. (smartmontools)
- E-mail alert
- UPS (NUT)